Sunday, February 15, 2009

e-waste,eco-rally

Project two has commenced. We are working with Comcast to increase social awareness of an e-cyling event on March 7, 2009. What is ecycling you ask? Ecycling is the recycling of electronic equipment, such as televisions and computers. It is an exciting and awesome event designed to continue green efforts.

We have also been split into two different groups, the men against the women. Chantay, Jeannine and I have entitled ourselves The Triple Threat! Jeannine really wanted to be the team lead on this project but because of the social media elements of the task and that I am a public relations major, I begged her to let me have it. She was really sweet and let me. After being given the challenge, we met up and discussed how we are going to accomplish our task which encompasses a variety of different activities including social media outreach, volunteer recruitment and education.

Later, we attended a social responsibilty event where we had speakers inform us about how we are in effect responsible for our community. We met many individuals at the Courtyard Marriot. Scott, of Sage Hospitality Resources, Dr. Jordan of Metro and Jacque Williams of Six Degrees of Communications spoke with us about the importance of social responsibilty.

Then on Saturday, I attended an orientation for future students, held by the Alpha Delta Theta sorority. I spoke to students about my experience as a student. We all then went to the televised basketball game between Metro and Colorado Christian University. The game was close and well played, but Metro won! We stayed for half of the girls game, where they were dominating as well and then Jeannine went to study and I went home to take a nap. All the excitement of project two made for not very much sleep on Friday night.

Felipe, Jesse and I went out for some dancing at the Church later and had a great time. I learned a really fast mexican style dancing that Jesse taught me.

I can't wait to get movin' and shakin' on this project!

No comments: